KuRuMi^

Pavonis

SiGNaL

Force.

➄K.

Mr.Alone

EK.CrystalBlue

QK.BatMan^

November Updates - Patch 4.1, more of my usual talks.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:37 pm by Chuck Norris

Patch 4.1
I won't give out a date, but I am aiming for november, this patch will include a thing for the NPCs, suggestions and one new job. That I am actually looking forward to scripting. This job is a job I actually want to do and put a lot of effort into it. I have for a very long time, not scripted certain things because I felt like I had to produce content for you guys fast. So in the future I am going to implement cool things that I want to make and at the same time give you guys what you ask for in suggestions.

In 4.2 or later patches I will start giving you guys some more custom content (skins, vehicles and stuff), right now we've had a lot and I want to do my own things and suggestions I receive.

About the state of VC-MP the server
To me VC-MP seems very quiet right now, at a time where I don't really feel as motivated as I used to. I will never stop providing content for this server, but some content that I want to create right now might take a lot of time. Which is why I …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 22

October 2017 Update - Small update today + Discussing things like usual.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:31 am by Chuck Norris

Well guys I will bring out a small update tomorrow fixing a few bugs + adding a halloween theme similar to the christmas one. It won't be anything Amazing, but there will be presents and custom content for you to enjoy while joining during halloween.

There seems to be a decreasing amount of players on the server not sure if people are just getting tired of the server, VC-MP or if it's something else. I don't think it has to do with anything I am doing, so I will just continue to script like usual. What I am planning to script is nothing big, you can expect Another minigame/job for patch 4.1 to fill out the rewards I missed from patch 4.0, you can probably also expect some NPC update + maybe a test of discord. I am not sure where the server is going, I have been doing it for so many years and I have already scripted so many things that I didn't think was possible. What we have to face is that some time in the future there might not be much more I can add and I can simply …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 20

September 2017 Update - Patch 4.0 estimated release date, plans after that and halloween

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:49 pm by Chuck Norris

Patch 4.0
I feel like I have to set a release date for myself and that release date will be between the 30th and 7th of october. I have really tried my best to just script a whole bunch of things for patch 4.0 which will hopefully make it worthy of it's x.0 name, just like patch 3.0 was. This is probably the first patch ever where I have scripted something for everyone. If you remember that topic I made where you guys voted for 9 things. I feel like I gave at least something in all categories. I truly gave it all for at least the things you guys gave the most vote to. I don't Think anyone will say: that I didn't give you lots of custom content for example.

More content will come in the future after patch 4.0 and I really hope you'll all be happy with patch 4.0 when it comes out.

Status of where I am: I have this weekend organized my last todo list and some testing that needs to be done. Next weekend I will work like hell to get it all done or at least as much as I can so it …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 25

Angel back to the university - Scripting update

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:12 am by VK.Angel.OfDeath

Hey guys. I've been scripting for everyday since the beginning of june, because I have had summer vacation from my studying. Next week (so after this sunday) I will not be able to script for the server everyday. I will only script on saturday/sunday.

I would say I got 25 % left to script for (my stuff) in patch 4.0 and that I could probably script some suggestions as well. Patch 4.0 is hard, because it has to add a lot of things since it's a big milestone, after this patch is released I can go back to scripting normal patches again.

From about next week and forward I will only be scripting 2 days a week (sunday and saturday). I got an exam today so I won't be scripting today (yes I know I am posting this on an exam day, but I really have nothing else to do Before it starts xD). Tomorrow on friday to sunday I will try to script as much as possible.

as I said Before I hope patch 4.0 is released in september and after that I am most likely going to focus on …

[ Full reading ]

August Updates 2 - I made my decision about the next patch + Information revealed.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:15 am by Chuck Norris

Before you reply: If you are not happy with anything in this post you are free to provide criticism, but please note two things:

1. Read the Community Manager vs Community section properly and try to address it when you post a reply.

2. Do not make threats to you will leave or insults to me. I am under a lot of preasure and as a leader I have to make tough decisions I can't save everyone and I can't please everyone. If you say stuff like that I will immediately throw your opinion away and cut ties with you in anyway.

This post is going to be tough on me and It might be last post in the staff depending on how you guys handle these two recommendations. (Even if that is the case I will still script for the server of course)

The Community vs the Community manager
As the Community manager and the scripter I represent the vision this server has and I respresent every single person who has ever joined the server. The vision I have is very specific and too long to be brought up in …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 33

August Updates - Patch 3.7/4.0 & 3.6.2 Sliding??? Information and please read.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:00 am by Chuck Norris

Sliding won't work in rel004 apparently.
According to some people sliding doesn't work in rel004, that would mean that updating to this version would probably upset a lot of people. I want to hear from you guys, are you okay with this?

Patch 3.6.2
I am Little confused whether or not I should release patch 3.6.2 or release it together with patch 3.7, to make that patch even bigger. I Think people will be upset that patch 3.6.2 mostly contains improvements and bug fixes, (apart from maybe 4 minor things). What do you guys Think I should do?

Patch 3.7 or 4.0
Same thing here, I can do things with patch 3.7 that would go great with 4.0 and actually change the server a Little. So I am not sure if I should release it as patch 4.0 or 3.7.

May Update - Patch 3.6 and just talking.

Sun May 21, 2017 4:24 pm by VK.Angel.OfDeath

Hey guys sorry about patch 3.6 not being released at the start of May. I am bad at keeping my promises, but the truth is: Scripting for the server is a lot of hard work. I work from 8 am to 7 pm on weekdays and usually have a lot to do on the weekends as well. I am scripting the server because I Think it's fun, but I get a lot of stress from working on it sometimes. The server has gotten so big and there is so much new things to script and at the same time improve the old stuff. I know most of the people on the forum don't do minigames like races and other things, but I still want to expand on that as well. The property system is Always something I am proud of and you guys are really going to enjoy the upcoming updated in patch 3.6 for that.

In the summer which starts in about 2-3 weeks for me, I am going to be scripting a lot as long I don't lose all my motivation. Patch 3.6 will be released soon, but I want this patch to be special and therefor I want to get a lot of work …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 26

Server Updates April - Patch 3.5.4 and 3.6 + The future.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:54 am by VK.Angel.OfDeath

Patch 3.5.4
Patch 3.5.4 will come next weekend. I will include the bug fixes for the racing system and a few other improvements. I was planning on releasing it this weekend, but If I am going to make a new patch at least need to give you guys something, so I will delay it for the next weekend so I can give you a few skins/vehicles as well. Hopefully this is okay by krlozz or anyone else who is having trouble unlocking things from the race system.

Patch 3.6
Patch 3.6 will come out by the end of april or by latest the first week of may. It will include updates to the property system that I came up with by Studying lancer's work and just by thinking about DMers. It will also include more races set in: Custom properties, that's right. It will also include some exciting event stuff and more. Note I have already scripted about 40-50 % of patch 3.6 while I was doing the other patches for you, ain't that some multitasking shit right Razz.

The future
As you guys know the summer is coming up …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 19

[Updated] March monthly update - Turbo Glitch, New small patch coming this weekend.

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:54 am by Chuck Norris

The only way.
Guys I don't want to punish anyone that hasn't done anything. My system for the turbo glitching has one negative and stupid side effect! If you hold shift and then press num6, VC-MP doesn't know that you press num6. It's only freaking shift as well! This means that there is still a way to do the turbo glitch. So angel why can't you create a system for it? Well that would mean that anyone who holds shift or presses shift after they enter first person view would also get caught by the system if I were to prevent people from turbo glitching. So basically there are only two solutions to this.

1. FPV ban, anyone caught abusing the turbo glitch will not be FPV banned which means that you can't use the FPV mode on the server. An alternative would be add number 2 for players who are only FPV banned.

2. If I freeze the player for 100 ms  (which is about a 10th of a sec) after exiting first person view the glitch will be impossible to do. The thing about this is that it will …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 30

[Read the notes at least] Luca is resigned.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Read the notes at least] Luca is resigned.

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Note (read first): Before I start excuse my English, It's not perfect and I don't want to read through my post to check for any mistakes I made. No matter which side you take in the arguments, let's all honor Luca for all the great work he has done in the past.

Everything I say is not 100 % facts, some things are assumptions I made after talking to Luca and I highly recommend that you read Luca's point of view also. I would also like say that if Luca says something along the lines of: Sorry guys I am too busy for VKs and then lists 100 of the things he has to do, then I would just like to ask you guys to not believe that. Luca has had plenty of time over the past year to spend a little time on VKs, but he chooses not to and instead gives 100 % of his time to other servers. Luca has a lot of things to do in VKs and his excuse for not doing a single thing is that he has too much work on other servers, which basically means that he values other servers more than ours.

Hello guys. I am making this topic to inform you that one of our oldest member, VK.Luca, has been resigned from the staff. You probably got many questions and I will answer them right now.

1. Who is VK.Luca? VK.Luca has been in the staff from almost the start, he was active at a point and then went completely inactive for almost a year. I doubt most of the people here have even seen him, but he has been in-game from time to time. To be honest Luca hasn't done any work for a long time and Rainbow has basically done his job since he became level 8. Luca has been a very respected member of this community, that respect is the reason he was still here up to this point.

2. Is Luca kicked or did he resign on his own behalf? He has received many warnings and managed to get around them, I eventually said to him that he had to be in charge of moderating one section on the forum just like everyone else in the management team and he didn't want to and basically resigned.

3. What has been the problem with Luca? To simplify his reasons for being inactive is that he is too busy in school and life. I told him in response that VKs doesn't require that much of his time and that he could basically stay helpful by simply going in game and on the forum maybe 1-3 times a week for 5-10 minutes to see if anyone needs help. His response was that he literally didn't have that time to spare. Me being in at the university obviously having more work to do than him, made me a little sceptical about that statement and made me think that there must be another reason for his activity. I asked him if he had trouble getting access to a computer or if he just didn't want to be distracted, I never got a clear answer if that was the case until later.  After months of trying to get him to be more active, nothing seemed to work, so eventually I respected his decision to remain inactive because school is much more important, even though he his argument was literally that didn't have 1 second in 1 month to give to VKs.

After talking to him one day he told me that he used to sit infront of the TV for hours and do his homework, which proved to me that he was capable of multi-tasking and I asked him why he didn't: study for 2 hours then go to the VK server and forum for 5-10 min, then study another 2 hours. He eventually agreed to that, but his activity didn't improve that much. It wasn't until the summer that I started to suspect something. His activity didn't increase at all like he promised even though the thing that took up most of his time was now done (I am talking about school). When I saw that he played on argo for like at least 1-5 hours a day without even visiting VKs for a single second during a few weeks to a month, I realized something: He is not interested in our server/forum whether or not he knows that himself is unknown, but that became [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] clear (see the pun xD?) to me at least. It didn't make me sad that Luca valued and enjoyed playing on argo more than VKs, what made me sad was that out of the total playtime Luca had he didn't even give 0.1 % of his playtime to VKs (the place he is supposed to care about and supposed to manage). If he played 90 % on argo and 10 % on VKs I would understand it because Luca is a roleplayer and even admins want to have fun as well. But he basically spent 0.1 % of his VC-MP playtime in a month on VKs, which isn't enough time to do anything. I confronted him about this and gave him a list of jobs which was basically to be in charge of the clan application section and make sure it's always moderated, which requires no time at all. But he didn't want to give more of his time to VKs and he decided to resign.

I got very angry at him thinking: Everyone in the a management staff is doing some type of moderation work except Luca, The minute I give him the same amount of work as the rest, he resigns saying that his responsibility on argo is so important that he doesn't have time to take on the same type of responsibilities as the rest (which is basically 5-10 minutes work every now and then), does he really care so little of us that he can't give us anything at all?

To give you how a view of how I see Luca's resignation : Luca has a large baguette that he must share with his friends VKs and argo, Luca always gives the whole baguette to argo and says no to giving VKs even one small bit of that baguette, eventually VKs have enough and decide that Luca isn't a very good friend and stops being his friend.

He has the right to do what he wants to do with his time but he doesn't want to give us any of it. That's why I am ending it here and opening it up for someone else to take his place (if needed) in the future.

4. Why isn't Luca posting a resignation? He has viewed my latest PM and been online two times since then. In that PM I told him to post his resignation post and asking him to be fair and not lie to the community anymore. He didn't do it now after 2 days and I decided to post one for him, since he most likely won't bother.

5. My final words to Luca? I still consider you my friend, but I think you know as well as that this is the right thing to do. Some of the things you've done may have made me sad, but I still can't say that you did anything wrong by doing them. I did something wrong by not doing anything about it and I think you will agree with me that I did the right thing to fix this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
VK.Angel.OfDeath
Chief of the Community
Chief of the Community

Back to top Go down

Re: [Read the notes at least] Luca is resigned.

Post by Blood Sucker on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:16 am

AngelSucks I wish you don't do this to AndriDude or to Garry, please.

Blood Sucker
Epic Member
Epic Member

Location : "Google Earth – Application Error" The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaSoN^ on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:50 am

Good luck! Luca! Hope to see you again.

MaSoN^
Head Server Admin
Head Server Admin

Moderator 1
Event staff
Santa chuck
Math Genius
Server Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:16 am

@MaSoN^ wrote:Good luck! Luca! Hope to see you again.

Back to top Go down

Post by KAKAN on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Good luck! Luca! Hope to see you again.
KAKAN
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by D.E.[[V]].I.L on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Good luck! Luca! Hope to see you again.

D.E.[[V]].I.L
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Most original admin

http://vkserver.big-forum.net/forums

Back to top Go down

Post by EK.CrystalBlue on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:50 am

Lets come to Argonath RPG and make Luca RQ xD

EK.CrystalBlue
Deputy Chief of the Community
Deputy Chief of the Community

Best christ 15
Homocide detective
Pizza Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by QaisAla on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:09 pm

QaisAla
Event Staff
Event Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by [FS]Error[X] on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:32 pm

[FS]Error[X]
Server Admin
Server Admin

Can't get anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AddeR^ on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Btw any1 else? stopped reading after reading the first to lines of this topic? xD
AddeR^
Epic Member
Epic Member

andri's basement

Back to top Go down

Post by SanaullaH on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:38 pm

SanaullaH
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vipe[R] on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:40 pm

This world is rotten, and those who are making it rot deserve to die. Someone has to do it, so why not me?” - Light Yagami [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vipe[R]
Event Staff
Event Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow.JacK^ on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to visit my youtube channel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to visit UF clan forums.
Shadow.JacK^
Server Admin
Server Admin

Event staff Forum Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:34 pm

I smell.. Its kinda kick.
Either good luck luca with your life
Diamond
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Event staff Event Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by =KF=dev1ce on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:11 pm

We should all go to argo and be like luca. Then angel will ban all of us lol.
=KF=dev1ce
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckshya on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:17 pm

[EK]ST(O)RM wrote:We should all go to argo and be like luca. Then angel will ban all of us lol.
Wat?
He's not jealous that he played in argo, he is a bit dissapointed that the place where he is manager, he didn't even gave 0% to that place and gave all his time to another server.
Luckshya
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by =VK=Sardar.Khan on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:25 pm

I think the best thing to do is to remain loyal to your duty, its obviously okay to play in other servers but first doing thr duty given to you, either way best of luck.
=VK=Sardar.Khan
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VK.Angel.OfDeath on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:24 pm

NightMare^ wrote:

Btw any1 else? stopped reading after reading the first to lines of this topic? xD

Dude no one here actually reads a topic, they just look for hints on what to say in their reply like for example. If it says: Happy birthday in the title, they will obviously just reply "Happy birthday" if they see patch updates in the title they will reply: "Nice update angel, good job". VC-MP players are like bots that calculates something to say. This becomes extremely obvious when they start asking you questions that are answered in the topic.

Angel how does setproptele work?

In the topic:

/setproptele (Property ID) (Level 0-4): Sets which level a player has to be to teleport (use gotoloc, randomloc or goto). Level 0 = everyone.

I doubt anyone will read this reply either. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[EK]ST(O)RM wrote:We should all go to argo and be like luca. Then angel will ban all of us lol.
Wat?
He's not jealous that he played in argo, he is a bit dissapointed that the place where he is manager, he didn't even gave 0% to that place and gave all his time to another server.

As Lucky said. As a player if you play 100 % on other servers and 0 % on VKs I will never blame you. If you as an admin play 5-10 % on VKs and 90-95 % on another server, you can still do your work as an admin. But I doubt you can be a very good admin if you spend 0 % time on VKs and 100 % time on other servers, which is why Luca is getting resigned because he doesn't want to give VKs that 5-10 % of his "playing time" that is necessary.

Sardar.Khan wrote:I think the best thing to do is to remain loyal to your duty, its obviously okay to play in other servers but first doing thr duty given to you, either way best of luck.

Loyality is the thing I value the most. I felt like Luca lacked any loyality or sense of responsibility at all. I mean Luca's excuse was still that he was too busy to visit the forum and the server when he literally had access to it 24/7, he didn't focus 100 % on school he focused his time on other servers as well which meant that he could've used a few minutes of that time for VKs but he choose to not do so for like 6 months.

VK.Angel.OfDeath
Chief of the Community
Chief of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by BABA1 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:06 am

After reading the topic, I've grown a bit sad by seeing such a response from our Former Manager Luca. Luca, You will always be my friend but to be honest you failed to perform your duty.

Anyways, May you prosper with your studies and real life things. Good Luck!
BABA1
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

http://ass-clan.team-forum.net/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top